Why Consider Area Max Professional Air Purifiers?
The rapid global spread Of Covid-19 has increased our urgency to protect ourselves and each other. Healthy and safe facilities matter now, more than ever.
We all know the responsibilities around Hands, Face and Space; but what about the air we share?
The Airborne Threat is Real
Global healthcare experts and virologists agree: airborne, aerosol transmission of viruses poses a significant threat.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) found that COVID-19 can travel up to 4 metres feet in the air
- The New England Journal of Medicine reported the virus can remain suspended in air for up to 3 hours.
- Research in The Netherlands found the typical 2 metre social distancing measurement between people to be ineffective… and recommended spacing of up to 20 metres.
How People are Infected
Study after study proves there are two transmission routes
Firstly, a person can become infected through direct contact with another person or object carrying the virus.
And secondly, by air, with two transmission methods:
- Airborne transmission via large droplets (> 10 microns) when people cough or sneeze (1-2m risk)
- Airborne transmission through small particles (<5 microns) also generated by coughing/sneezing/talking
A Complete Hygiene Solution
A proactive approach must consist of three essential components for protection against virus transmission in shared environments: hand washing, surface sanitisation and air cleaning.
It Doesn't Stop at Viruses
The average person inhales around 11,000 litres of indoor air every day, with most people spending 90% of their time indoors and nine hours per day in shared environments—spaces where the air we breathe is up to five times more polluted than outdoor air.
Public spaces, like offices, health care facilities and schools are breeding grounds for bacteria, viruses, dust and allergens, harsh chemicals and odours.
While we all recognise the need to wash our hands and clean common surfaces like doors, tabletops, bathrooms, etc., it’s not enough. We need to clean the air – and here’s why:
- Colds and Flu affect around 15 MILLION people a year in the UK.
- Respiratory illness – colds, flu, allergies and asthma – is the main reason for doctor visits each year.
- Flu can spread to other up to 2 metres away — mainly by droplets from coughing, sneezing or talking, and can live in the air for several hours.
Bad air impacts the bottom line.
- Absence through sickness costs UK employers £32 billion in lost productivity each year, which equates to around 130 million workdays lost each year.
- In the UK, it is estimated that Sick Building Syndrome is responsible for 24.6 million lost working days each year
- The average annual absenteeism cost per employee is £975.
Here are the benefits of cleaner air.
- BREATHE EASIER - 99.97%of harmful germs, allergens and particulates are removed safely and easily.
- INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY - Improved indoor air quality improves mental tasks, like concentration and recall, and can reduce absenteeism due to illness.
- INCREASE LOYALTY - Clean air—free from contaminants and harsh odours—shows care and concernfor the well-being of your facility’s occupants and customers.
AeraMax Professional commercial-grade air purifiers are a solution proven in independent tests to capture the airborne flu virus.
- Removes 99.97% of allergens and viruses using True HEPA filter
- Significantly reduces odours and VOCs
- Features patented, auto-detecting EnviroSmart™ Technology
- Works in spaces up to 130m²
Find our more here: https://www.aston-james.co.uk/fellowes-air-purifiers
Statistics source: areamaxpro.com/uk